Whether it is cooking for the guests or a family occasion, my signature dish Rasgulla seems to be more recognizable than I am! The point is, hailing from Odisha and being a passionate cook, I take pride in saying that I have mastered the art of making soft and spongy Rasgullas.
Moreover, my kids are apparently first and the last admirers of the Rasgullas prepared by me. Firstly, they may strike the demand for Rasgullas any day and when they’re served with those white snowy sweet dumplings, their joy knows no bounds.
Many people think that Rasgullas cannot be easily prepared at home. They may prefer to buy the sweet dish in tins or from local sweet shop. However, the one that is made at home is the healthiest and tastier.
So here, I bring to you a quick and easy recipe of Rasgulla. Try it at home and enjoy.
Ingredients for Rasgulla –
- 1 litre milk (full cream)
- 3 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 and ½ cups water
- 1 pinch elaichi powder
- 12 ice cubes
- In a vessel, heat milk and simmer it when it starts boiling. Add a few drops of lemon and stir well.
- Bring the milk to heat further until the whey water separates from it. Put the flame off.
- Add ice cubes and mix well. It prevents the milk from curdling.
- Take a metal strainer and cover it with a muslin cloth. Pour the milk in it and tap to wash it for removing the lemon juice and sourness.
- Carefully squeeze the water from the cloth and let it hang for around 30 minutes.
- Proceed by pouring the solidified milk in a bowl.
- Knead it for around 10 minutes and make a smooth and soft dough of it.
- Make smooth, equal-sized balls from the dough.
- Take sugar, elaichi powder, and water in a pressure cooker and allow it to boil.
- Let the sugar be completely dissolved before adding the balls one by one into it.
- Now cover the pressure cooker and cook until the first whistle. Simmer and cook for 5-6 minutes.
- Let it cool down by refrigerating the Rasgullas.
Once cool enough serve the Rasgullas by garnishing them with pistachios or elaichi powder. Relish!